Thursday, September 27, 2007

"An intensely spiritual thriller..."

...was how I labeled That Beautiful Somewhere, one of a handful of good films I saw at last year's Montreal World Film Festival (another, Holly, is opening in New York in November). (Nice, but not quite as on the money as the Montreal Gazette on the back: "A dark, stylish story about love, redemption and forensic archaeology.") Lo and behold that quote turned up on the front cover of the new DVD release, which is available from Monarch Video. I have it on good authority that a longer quote, attributed to both me and the magazine, is on the back cover of the Canadian DVD, directed by Robert Budreau and starring local hero Roy Dupuis. That I'd like to add to my scrapbook, but for now I'm happy to be big up North.

No comments: